Monday, April 16, 2012

Smells Like Team Spirit

Pop the champers, it's a miracle!

After months of fruitlessly working on projects that I end up ruining beyond repair with my incompetence at crochet, I finally have a complete piece of work in my hot little hands! The Team Spirit Hat I was working on for my Dad is now a reality. I won't lie, I'm pretty freakin' proud of this abomination!

As you can see in the image above, it's not exactly beautiful. I still completely fail at crocheting in a straight line, so it was nothing but sheer determination and the creative use of cotton thread that saved this bad boy from the rubbish bin. The pom pom really makes it.

Overall, this project took me three weeks of crocheting. I made a point to sit down and work on it whenever Dad and I's AFL team, the West Coast Eagles, were playing. Not only is this hat the walking dead, but it must be some kind of  voodoo charm of awesomeness as well, since we've sailed through each game so far. Crochet and witchery. Damn I'm good.

Sadly, my crochet days are over for the moment. Where this beauty took me three weeks, Casadella knitted a beanie in something like 6 hours. It can't be avoided anymore, team. I need to suck it up and get some of those circular needle thingies and learn how to knit properly.

Someone pass me the vodka.


No comments:

Post a Comment